Better Touch,Better Business.
contact sales at INDUSTRIAL-MAN.
Steps of Vacuum Casting
1. Before the production of Vacuum Casting, we need to make a sample by CNC machining or 3D printing. Then mix silicone with curing agent. The appearance of Vacuum Casting is a flowing liquid, component A is Silicone, component B is a curing agent.
2. Vacuum evacuations: After the silicone and curing agent are mixed evenly, vacuum evacuation is performed. The time for vacuuming should not be too long. Under normal circumstances, do not exceed 10 minutes. If the vacuum is too long, the silicone will cure immediately. The cross-linking reaction was produced so that the silica gel became one piece and could not be painted or poured.
3. Brushing or operation process: Pull the evacuated silicone on the sample by brush or pour. (Note: The product or model to be copied need to use release agent before pour the silicone). Then brush the silicone on the top of the product, brushing must be uniform, after 30 minutes, paste a layer of gauze fiber weft cloth to increase the strength and tensile of silicone.
4. Outer mold production: Generally used methods and materials are surrounding the mold by a plastic sheet or wood, then fill mold cabinet with plaster. Another method is to brush a layer of resin then paste a layer of glass fiber cloth, then brush and then paste, repeated two or three layers can complete the mold outside.
5. Filling or pouring mold operation method: Filling or pouring mold is used for relatively smooth or simple products, no mold line save time and labor.